Monday, June 20, 2005

Workplace view..

Hi. I'm now seated in a cubicle on the 17th floor of a 28 floor building. The view from the office is amazing. You can see all of Beijing, ok not all but the skyline is great to see. The business takes up the whole 17th floor. I'll make sure you visit when you come next month. The people I 'll be working for are great and seem very helpful in assisting me. Kelly Zhang is a Education Development Manager for UDS Education Group. Their website is http://www.udspmac.com/. She says that I will assist her in managing accounts for Canadian based partners with the company. I had to take the subway to get here. It is about a 25minute ride. Not bad though. This is my first experience with riding a subway. I feel like a New Yorker.
Early this morning I watched some of the US Open. It looked like most were struggling to keep afloat. It was great to see M. Cambell win. He looked very emotion and grateful. I would be too if I had just won 1.7 million dollars and the opportunity to play in so many more US Open's in the future. :):). But I can't complain. I have a beautiful wife and daughter that I love and they love me. As I am so far away, that is all that really matters. I am though enjoying my stay and am excited for the oppotunity to learn from those I will be working with. Take care, and thanks for all the Father's Day wishes.

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAKE,

I CAN PICTURE YOUR "VIEW" FROM THE 17TH FLOOR!! I LOVE LOOKING OUT AT BIG CITIES! GLAD YOU GOT TO WATCH SOME OF THE US OPEN--WAS QUIET AROUND HERE WITH JUST JAY, MIKE AND I WATCHING IT! WE WERE HAPPY TOO WITH THE OUTCOME! JIM CAME OVER FOR BARB-Q --SANDY WAS OUT-OF-TOWN. WE HAD RIBS AND CHICKEN, POTATO SALAD, ROLLS, CARROTS/CELERY AND APRIL MADE COOKIES FOR DESSERT! SORRY TO MAKE YOU DRULLLLLLLL// HA.
GLAD YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THE CHINA LIFESTYLE AND SIGHTS ALONG WITH YOUR JOB. THANKS FOR MAKING THIS BLOGGER--ITS SO FUN TO READ--YOU ARE BECOMING A BETTER WRITER EACH ENTRY! TAKE CARE, LOVE, MOTHER-IN-LAW--OH ELLIE STARTS "GYMNASTICS" TODAY! WE ARE TAKING HER AT 11--WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW SHE DOES--CADE IS GOING TOO-BARBS, GRANDSON..

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I AM STILL READING YOUR ENTRIES AND FEEL LIKE I AM ALSO LEARNING ABOUT CHINA! ENJOY YOUR TIME THERE AND KEEP US POSTED - IS GREAT! GMA DIANE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home