Friday, June 17, 2005

Good Morning or should I say afternoon?

It is 8am here and I just experienced a pretty bad breakfast buffet. The food is all oily but I managed to use some sugar on what seemed to be a egg/bread/spices flat pastry. I don't know if you can picture it? Jill I haven't taken a picture yet but will have plenty of time for that. All the comments you all have been sending are great to read and help me stay connected with you. We met with our professor yesterday night and it seems he is very happy to have us in Asia. He is from Taiwan and is travelling there today. I am just on my way out to view more of the city. The Forbidden City is on the list for today and I'm sure there will be more to write about later today. Talk you later.

4 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Zac and Kaylan said...

Did somebody say shopping? Jake that market sounds incredible!!! Armani suits? Wow! You are coming home in style! Zac had some friends that went to China last year and they found great deals on all kinds of stuff. Make sure April packs an empty duffle bag to bring all your treasures home. Sounds like you are having a blast! Take Care!

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Forbidden City was one of my favorite things to see in Beijing. I'm wondering though...are you there on vacation or to work? ;-) Hope you have fun, and learn something. If you have room in your suitcase after April puts her overflow in, see if you can't bring me home a cool Chinese Coke can/bottle.

-Justin.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMM, that spicy pastry sounds good right about now! It sounds like you are having a great time so far. I can't wait to see all the fun things that you will buy along the way! It sounds like you have a fun filled day ahead of you, can't wait to hear about it!!!

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAKE,

HAD A NICE DAY WITH YOUR FAMILY! APRIL AND ELLIE ARE SO FUN TO BE WITH. WE WENT TO GET MY HAIR-CUT IN NEWARK--THEN STOPPED AT COYOTE CREEK AND ATE LUNCH. THEN BACK TO MONTEREY AND WENT TO SEAN CONROYS BIRTHDAY BASH! HA I WAS THE OLDEST ONE THERE! MIKE HAD PRIESTHOOD LEADERSHIP MEETING FOR 3 HOURS THIS MORNING, THEN BARB-QUED FOR THE YOUTH BEFORE THE DANCE-AND HE WAS CHAPORONING THAT!SO--BUSY DAY FOR HIM. WE WILL ALL MISS YOU ON "FATHERS DAY" BUT KNOW YOU WILL FIND THE GOLF TO WATCH--SO WILL WE! TAKE CARE, LOVE MOTHER-IN-LAW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home