Thursday, June 16, 2005

Beijing Living

Well I arrived in Beijing at around 5pm, but it was Wednesday instead of Tuesday. The flight was alittle over eleven hours. There were plenty of meals and movies to pass the time. As most of you know I can't turn down a good movie. There were alot of American's on board. A school from El Dorado was taking a week and a half tour of China also. I couldn't believe how big the plane was. I switched seats a few times in order for me to have a isle seat and the exit door. Lets just say the leg room was great and the view to the TV monitor was not obstructed. When I first landed I followed the signs to customs, where I waited in a line with my Passport and visa accessable. At the moment I reached the police officer who looked over my passport and picture I new there was no turning back. I was entering China. I was able to call for my ride who came 20 minutes later to pick me up. While on the road to the place I would stay for one night I couldn't believe the driver's all around me. Everyone could drive where ever they wanted and they weren't afraid to use their horns. Ofcourse I wore my seatbelt not becuase I was used to it but because I feared for my life. Last night I ate a authentic first meal with the family I am staying with. The daughter speaks broken english but the parents do not. The only thing that I know I was eating was rice, cucumbers, some type of chicken or beef. I have to go for now. They are ready to take me to downtown Beijing. I better get buckled fast. HA... I will write again.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAKE,

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE GETTING THE "HANG" OF CHINA LIFE! HANG ON! YOUR FAMILY IS DOING GREAT-WE LOVE HAVING THEM AROUND. TAKE CARE, WRITE SOON! LOVE MOTHER-IN-LAW...

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Zac and Kaylan said...

Oh dear! I am glad you were able to distinguish a few of the things in your meal :) I can't believe the drivers! Zac would go nuts! He thinks only East Coast people and Germans know how to drive, so he would be walking everywhere if he was in China :) But I know he wouldn't be afraid to use the horn! Can't wait to hear more! Take Care! And get lot's of rest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home