Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Good Morning

Today is Wednesday the 22nd. I am enjoying my work. My supervisor has me working on a Policy Manual that will be presented to all students and teachers throughout China who wish to participate in the PMAC sponsored Certificate in Purchasing (CIP) program. PMAC has just recently offered the CIP program to Chinese graduates who meet certain criteria. It is a great opportunity for me to work on such a wide spread document that will be used in the future.
Last night after work I saw alittle of an American movie: Rudy. I couldn't stay up to watch the entire movie because I was so tired. I know, some of you might think, "Jacob couldn't stay up to finish a movie? Something must be wrong." I think it was just that I knew I had to get up and get to work on time. My commute to work on the subway is around 25 minutes. It is getting more comfortable for me to get around. Last nights dinner was nothing special, well maybe a little. I had Mc Donalds. It was good to taste something I could recongnize from home. For lunch yesterday though, I went to eat with Ricky and five other guys from work. Ofcourse they took me to a place they go a few times a week. It was good. They did have me try the Ducks blood that was in a stew with onions, spices and peppers. It was very hot(spicy). The other dishes were sliced tofu that was flavored well, spicy chicken w/ peanuts, mushrooms w/ cabbage, another cubed tofu dish, and white sticky rice. After that meal I needed a bottle of water. Oh ya, all the water that is served here is warm. You can however get cold bottled water on every corner. I should go. Hope all well with you and I'll write more later.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to be there with you! The pics are awesome! Love April

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog, Jacob !! Feel like we're right along with you. And the pics are awesome! Kevin wanted your blog link so I sent it to him; he also wanted me to give you his work email: kevin_mignano@proshoes.com.cn. He has an international cell phone while there and I'll send you the number later (I have it at work). Hope you guys can connect, if not in person then at least in email. He got to Fuzhou a couple of days ago. Keep up the interesting writing and take care. "Aunt" Penni

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAKE,

WOW--THE PICTURES ARE BEAUTIFUL! WHAT A CITY! THE FOOD SOUNDS TOO DIET FOR ME--BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT FOR A DAY OR TWO! HA

WE ARE DOING WELL--YOUR "FAMILY" IS SO CUTE! ELLIE IS TALKING BETTER EVERYDAY. APRIL IS SUCH A GOOD MOMMY!!! IT HAS BEEN FANTANSIC WEATHER HERE--FEEL LIKE WE ARE GETTING "SOME" SUMMER WEATHER. PAPPY AND ELLIE ARE SHARING A COOKIE--THEY ARE SO CUTE.

LOVE, MOTHER-IN-LAW

FATHER-IN-LAW SAYS HELLO-AND ARE THERE ANY GOLF COURSES NEAR YOU??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home