Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday June 24th

Hello to all that are reading my blogspot entries. It seems that I hear of someone new every email. That's great! I'm glad that I can stay connected with you all while here in Beijing. There isn't much of anything new to report.
Today for lunch I ate downstairs at the kitchen hall. It was a rice bowl of sorts, but not the traditional USA style. The mystery meat was chicken but the meat was still attached to the bone and the bone had been cut up into little sections. It was hard to eat. I had to really take time at getting any meat and I always came up with some size bone in every chop-stick helping. I'm getting better at the chop-sticks though.
I did receive an address today from a guy that I work with that says it's the place where the Chinese National Olympic Diving Team practices. Since tomorrow is Saturday I think I will go check it out, I know April would love to visit there when she comes in July. Work is going good. It has been keeping me occupied throughout the day and making me tired at night. This morning before work I did talk to April & Ellie. It was great to hear the voices of those I care for the most. Ellie is getting so big without me there to see it.
Oh ya, work.. If you want to check out another website you can go to www.pmac.ca . This is the website to the Canadian Company that is starting to work more in China through the agency I'm working for. They want to promote Supply Chain Management programs more in China, and UDS Education Software Inc. is heading this project up for them.
My blog entries will die down over the weekend becuase I don't have a computer where I'm at. On Monday I will update you on more of my food intake, travels and adventures...
Until then.

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAKE,
WILL BE INTERESTED TO HEAR IF YOU FOUND THE DIVING FACILITY! YOUR RICE BOWL SOUNDED OK BUT NOT ENOUGH MEAT! NO WONDER THE CHINESE ARE ALL THIN--I SHOULD HAVE COME ALONG WITH YOU! HA

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND--WILL CHECK YOUR BLOGGER MONDAY

LOVE, MOTHER-IN-LAW

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jake,

It's so great to read up on what you've been doing in China. I wish the internet had been around when I was on exchange in France. It makes it so much easier to stay in contact with everyone back home. I'm glad to hear that you're finding good things to eat and that you enjoy the job. Keep up the great blog! Take Care.

love,
Shauna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home